Friday, December 5, 2008

And 236 comes to an end...

And what an end! A term test on the last Friday, just one week prior to the course's final exam and just three days before my first exam! I think Test 3 went well for me, even though with proofs you never know if you wrote too much or too little until you get the grader's feedback.

Time flies, and this semester was no exception. I know I enjoyed CSC236 a lot, this and CSC258 were the best university courses I took so far, both had material that really grabbed my interest and both were a lot of fun to spend time on. I'd like to thank my instructor Professor Heap for teaching 236 so well - quality lectures really make the difference.

It was great to see material from this course build so seamlessly onto itself, what started as basic induction proofs turned out to evolve into methods of assessing program correctness, defining functions, and even constructing languages. The last few bits concerning finite state automata were especially interesting, I wish more of the course focused on building and experimenting with them.

Now to prepare for the coming week of fire... 4 exams in 5 days, and 1 more the Wednesday after :-)

No comments: